Monday, March 19, 2018

FCFL Founder and CEO Sohrob Farudi


One of the many reasons that I’m very optimistic about the FCFL is their leadership, particularly their CEO, Sohrob Farudi.  Unlike many blockchain-based projects, the FCFL was founded by people whose primary interest is in the underlying business – not just creating cool technology or making a quick buck.  They have continued to add seasoned business veterans to their team and have done a great job of maintaining focus on their goals.

Farudi’s main career accomplishment prior to entering the sports world and founding the FCFL was founding and eventually selling Flipswap, which was a platform for trading in mobile phones and other electronic devices.

More than anything, his background appears to be that of a serial entrepreneur.  He has experience with businesses ranging from auctions to website analytics to web design & development to charcoal.  Yes, charcoal.  That may not sound all that relevant, but it means that ultimately, Farudi has the experience and knowledge necessary to run a business.  The FCFL is a great concept, but without business experience and the ability to execute, those great ideas won’t be able to reach fruition.

I’ve spoken with Farudi by phone once and exchanged several emails.  Overall, I’ve been really impressed.  I was particularly encouraged by his response to one question I asked.  Since I haven’t asked whether I can make it public, I won’t say what the question was, but his response basically acknowledged that something he had done was a mistake (albeit, a small one) and that he would do things differently in a similar situation in the future. I think that’s an incredibly positive sign.  It’s impossible to run a start-up business (especially such an original and complex one) without making some mistakes. The key is recognizing them and adjusting quickly. I love that Farudi didn’t waste any time or energy being defensive about a questionable choice.  That gives me more confidence in him than almost anything else would.

No comments:

Post a Comment